At the German Championships today, world 200m freestyle record-holder Paul Biedermann secured his spot on the German Olympic squad with a time of 1:46.07 in the 200 freestyle, ahead of also qualifying Clemens Rapp in 1:47.57. Marco Koch and Christian von Lehm qualified in the men’s 200 breaststroke with 2:09.48 and 2:10.07 respectively, while Silke Lippok just missed the German cut though making FINA A standard with a time of 1:57.93 in the women’s 200 freestyle. The Germans will have a second chance of making and rearranging the squad at the Debrecen 2012 Europeans, it seems. Read more here on SwimmingWorld Magazine.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help