Olympic Champion Daniel Gyurta today told Hungarian press, that he will have a copy made of his London 2012 gold medal, and send it to Alexander Dale Oen’s relatives, as a gesture saying that not only Norway shares the pain. ‘We became very good friends this year’, he said, ‘I’m sure that he would have won the 100 here in London’, ‘This is the least I can do to pay respect to my friend’. Bjørn Soleng, General Secretary of the Norwegian Swimming Federation, says on behalf of the family that he is sure that they will appreciate this very much. Nemzeti Sport Online and Budaorsi Info via VG.
- My Journey: Ryan Lochte
- More Than Sport: It’s so much more than training for swimmer Ellen Keane
- Matt’s Action Cam: Swimming for Gold
- Grant Hackett faces media after ‘nipple cripple’ incident
- A visit to the Rio 2016 Olympic swimming test event
- Omaha Swimmer Qualifies For Swim Trials
- Becky Adlington answers swimming Q&A