Olympic Champion Daniel Gyurta today told Hungarian press, that he will have a copy made of his London 2012 gold medal, and send it to Alexander Dale Oen’s relatives, as a gesture saying that not only Norway shares the pain. ‘We became very good friends this year’, he said, ‘I’m sure that he would have won the 100 here in London’, ‘This is the least I can do to pay respect to my friend’. Bjørn Soleng, General Secretary of the Norwegian Swimming Federation, says on behalf of the family that he is sure that they will appreciate this very much. Nemzeti Sport Online and Budaorsi Info via VG.
- Top Rocky swimmer pulled from state after bullying allegations
- Is Chlorine in Indoor Swimming Pools Hard on Your Lungs?
- Michael Phelps pushes Grant Hackett to return
- Nature Watch: Shallow water blackout poses a danger to swimmers
- Dánjal Martin Hofgaard is World Champion in Indoor Rowing
- Emily Seebohm picks up pole dancing in search for an edge
- IOC executive board proposes rule change for athletes, sponsors during Olympics
- ‘I have never felt pain like this before': Lewis Pugh breaks record with Antarctic dip wearing only speedos
- World Cup winner Cannavaro faces jail after swimming in his own pool
- Teen Swimming in Sweatpants Drowns in Apartment Complex Pool