Top 5 Beginner Gym Exercises for Swimmers
Many elite swimming programs rely on weight training to help build strength and power to increase performance. That effectively translates into opening yours bodies ranges-of-motions and developing it’s muscles. Both of which will help you prevent injuries and increases speed in the pool!
The most important muscle groups for swimmers are the back (lats specifically), chest, shoulders, and legs. So here are my top five exercises for those muscles along with their benefits and some top tips. Enjoy watching and have fun throwing them into your routine!
If you like the layout of this effective home workout then you are going to love the weekly content at The Apollo Athletic. For more videos on how to build functional strength with/without equipment and the nutrition to support it, be sure to subscribe to the channel. Make sure to turn on your notifications so you never miss a new video when it’s published!
- Addressing the Dropout in Swimming | Can We Stop Teens From Leaving the Sport? | Propulsion Swimming
- 3 Ways To Help Swimmers Explode Off The Blocks | Swimmer Strength
- Jamal Hill is Teaching 1 Million People to Swim | The Social Kick
- Marist College Ashgrove | AIC Swimming 2021
- 2021 Women’s Swimming B1G Championships Cinematic Highlights
- Coach Craig’s Wisdom: What You Learn From Challenging Yourself | Endurance Swimming: Open Water Training
- All About Mark Spitz | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Swim Across America 2021 Event Preview