Top 5 Beginner Gym Exercises for Swimmers
Many elite swimming programs rely on weight training to help build strength and power to increase performance. That effectively translates into opening yours bodies ranges-of-motions and developing it’s muscles. Both of which will help you prevent injuries and increases speed in the pool!
The most important muscle groups for swimmers are the back (lats specifically), chest, shoulders, and legs. So here are my top five exercises for those muscles along with their benefits and some top tips. Enjoy watching and have fun throwing them into your routine!
If you like the layout of this effective home workout then you are going to love the weekly content at The Apollo Athletic. For more videos on how to build functional strength with/without equipment and the nutrition to support it, be sure to subscribe to the channel. Make sure to turn on your notifications so you never miss a new video when it’s published!
- Don’t ‘Spear’ The Water, Do THIS Instead | Feedback Friday | Effortless Swimming
- Wastewater leak into Biscayne Bay causes no-swim advisory
- 13-year-old Chen Yuxi’s Top 3 Dives at Gwangju 2019! | FINA World Championships
- ISL Season 2 Pool Tour | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- “Swimming is a generational skill.” – Sabir Muhammad | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Power in Poetry: To the Swimmer
- Dana Vollmer vs Alicia Coutts – 7 hundredths of a second between Gold & Silver!
- Having Trouble With Your Freestyle Breath? Try This Simple Hack | SwimVice