A 29-year-old man drowned in a Destin pool Monday while reportedly doing swimming and breathing exercises, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office.
First responders were called to 4111 Commons Drive around 3:30 p.m. where Brennan May was found limp on the pool bottom. May lived at the address.
Witnesses say May was a Navy diver attending the Naval Explosives Ordnance Disposal School at Eglin, according to the sheriff’s office.
“They told deputies he had been swimming the length of the pool underwater as training,” deputies say in a release. “May had reportedly come up briefly and chatted with his wife before going back underwater and lying on the bottom. After he had been in the water for a number of minutes, his wife went to check on him. She found he was limp and not breathing.”
May was pulled from the pool by bystanders who assisted with rescue breathing and CPR until first responders arrived. He was transported to the Destin E.R. where he was pronounced dead just before 4 p.m.See WEARTV
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships