Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service officials say there have been four drownings in and around the Potomac River over the past couple of weeks. Two of them happened in the DC area near Chain Bridge, and two happened here in Montgomery County. There have also been several near-drownings.
MCFRS spokesperson Pete Piringer says there have been times when water rescue crews responded to incidents, and they’ve observed hundreds of people on the Potomac River shoreline swimming and jumping into the water. Recently MCFRS launched efforts to educate the dangers of swimming in the Potomac River while reminding people that it is illegal.
Piringer added that rescue crews have had to respond to 20-30 incidents recently, not only in the Potomac River but also on the Billy Goat Trail. He explains what people need to be aware of in this video.
- Australian Women’s Awesome Dives at Gwangju 2019 | FINA World Championships
- Beautiful Women’s Dives – Team Great Britain | Gwangu 2019 | FINA World Championships
- Wu Minxia vs He Zi – Epic Diving Gold Medal Battle | Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- Alessandro De Rose’s spectacular Dive for Bronze at Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Jun Hoong Cheong vs. Si Yajie – Epic Duel for Gold at Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Struggling, This’ll Never Be the Same | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Why I Missed A Match At ISL And How I Keep Busy | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- World’s deepest diving pool opens in Poland