Wanda was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in her early 30s and after suffering a serious back injury a few years ago, was told she would need a walking stick for the rest of her life. Determined not to let this defeat her, she followed her physio’s recommendation and started swimming. She wasn’t a confident swimmer at first so undertook lessons and describes her experience as absolutely life-changing.
The swimming sector has released the next chapter in the #LoveSwimming campaign, focusing on the physical health benefits of swimming and the positive impact of ‘prescribing’ swimming to aid a range of medical conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis and chronic pain.
- Cold Comforts of Winter Swimming Continue in Ireland
- World Record – Amanda Beard 🇺🇸 | #FINABarcelona2003
- Fast Freestyle Swimming Technique – Best Head Position Comparison
- World Record – Team Australia | #FINAShanghai2006 | 4x100m Medley Relay
- Paul Nelson Aquatic Center Pool Reopens to Public After COVID-19 Outbreak
- World Record – Markus Rogan vs. Ryan Lochte | Manchester 2008 | 200m Backstroke
- How The Core Powers Everything | The Swimmer Strength Podcast
- Who Is Britain So Fat? | Good Morning Britain