Wanda was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in her early 30s and after suffering a serious back injury a few years ago, was told she would need a walking stick for the rest of her life. Determined not to let this defeat her, she followed her physio’s recommendation and started swimming. She wasn’t a confident swimmer at first so undertook lessons and describes her experience as absolutely life-changing.
The swimming sector has released the next chapter in the #LoveSwimming campaign, focusing on the physical health benefits of swimming and the positive impact of ‘prescribing’ swimming to aid a range of medical conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis and chronic pain.
- Hip Movement When Swimming Butterfly Stroke | U.S. Masters Swimming
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile