Olympic Gold Medal winning American swimmer Tyler Clary tested a V8 Supercar at the V8 Supercars Official Driving Experience on Australia’s Gold Coast today as part of his development towards a serious motorsport career.
Clary has been on the Gold Coast for the last two weeks competing at the Hancock Prospecting Pan-Pacific Championships where he won his Olympic Gold Medal event – the 200m backstroke – and added a silver and bronze medal to his Pan-Pacs haul.
Despite having never driven a right hand drive car before today, Clary showed impressive speed around the 2.1km circuit at Norwell, which doubles as the V8 Supercars Official Driving Experience and the Performance Driving Centre.
“A couple of times there I reached for the gear shift with my right hand and banged the door,” Clary laughed. “The V8 Supercar is a lot bigger and heavier than what I’m used to driving too. I’m happy with the times I layed down for my first opportunity in this type of car.”
- Get Hyped for Girls’ Swimming
- Meet Elena Krawzow, German swimming star and first Paralympic athlete on Playboy cover *EXPLICIT*
- Ullswater – 6-hour English Channel Qualifying Swim 2020
- Swimming in Waves | Open Water Wild Swimming in Scotland
- Black bear goes for a swim in Flathead Lake
- Unlikely Olympian ‘Eric the Eel’ reflects on his fame 20 years on | AFP
- Inside with Brett Hawke: Katie McLaughlin
- Migrants jump overboard from NGO vessel to swim to Sicily coast