2011 has been a fun year here on Swimmer’s Daily, with increasing visit numbers since the sort-of-relaunch in March. Site focus is as the motto says ‘a fast fix blog about swimming’, that hopefully can provide readers with short bursts of fun and/or interesting swim-related content, as a break for instance between tedious training. Preferably visual. I don’t want to bore you with long rants or heavy statistics, so here are the most popular posts of 2011 …
- Larsen Jensen is a Navy Seal now (828)
- Girl on surfboard has close encounter with a feeding whale (736)
- Handicapped Swede wins Alcatraz Classic in record time (599)
- Monaco royal wedding guest list revealed (583)
- Female scientist strips naked to swim with belugas (576)
- NZ teen swimmer â€˜divorcesâ€™ parents for Rhi Jeffrey (511)
- How to spot symptoms of dry and delayed drowning (465)
- FINA committee member Flavio Bomio arrested for child molestation (449)
- 50 of the best swimming blogs (435)
- Update on Maui Channel swimmer John Caughlinâ€™s situation (391)
The numbers in parenthesis are the pageviews according to Google Analytics.
Image of Larsen Jensen with Michael Phelps, George W. Bush et al courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.