Do you have a small backyard at home and want a pool? Have you ever felt that your home is small and you cannot afford to get a pool? If the answer is yes, then what you are going to read will change your mind. Even if you have a small home or a small backyard, you can still get a swimming pool installed. A fibreglass pool is the best type of swimming pool for homeowners looking for a small pool. The lesser cost and convenience it offers make it the best type of pool for a small backyard.
What is a small swimming pool?
A small swimming pool is one that has an overall area that is smaller than 10 square metres. The small swimming pool is the ideal solution for people with little space in their backyard. Homeowners who are worried about the costs of a swimming pool would find a small swimming pool a great option. It is most convenient to get a small swimming pool installed.
You can get this compact pool installed quickly in your home at minimum costs. A small swimming pool is not a compromise. It can have various features that make it as effective as a regular swimming pool. By adding spa jets or even setting off a spa area in the pool, you can get a great swimming pool.
What are the options available?
There are different options available if you wish to have a small swimming pool installed at home.
- Plunge pool: This is the best type of small swimming pool for people who are concerned about the lack of space in their backyard. The plunge pool is 3.5 metres in width and the length of the pool would be just 4.5 metres. A small seating area can also be provided. This is an ideal small pool for 2-3 people to swim and have a nice time.
- Lap pool: You may have limited width for a pool but have sufficient length available. If you were wondering if you could have a pool in this much space, the answer is yes! A lap pool would be just 2.5 metres in width but would be around 8 metres in length. This is the minimum space needed for one person to swim a lap. It is a good pool for people who want to swim for exercise. In case you want a better workout, add a swim jet in your lap pool. It is also a good pool for more than one person to relax in the pool
- Swim spa: Some people like to have a swimming pool not for exercise but for relaxation. People who suffer from pains and muscle aches would love to spend time in a spa. You donâ€™t have to spend money to visit a spa, you can get a spa experience at home. All you need is a small swim spa. This is a pool that would be 8 metres in length and 5.5 metres in width. The swim spa would have spa jets that would spray jets of water so you can get relief from aches and pains. One or two people can use the spa or two people can use it to have a light pool.
Why get a fibreglass pool?
Fibreglass pools have revolutionised the world of pools. It has made the use of swimming pools more common. Earlier all pools were built using concrete. Building a concrete pool is expensive as there are materials required, excavation work, manpower needed, all of which are costly. The time required also is more. Fibreglass pools have changed the way pools are built.
A fibreglass pool is readily built. It is made in a factory using a strong form of glass known as fibreglass. It is strong and durable. Fibreglass pools are very easy to install. You need to dig a place for the pool (for an in-ground pool) or have a platform (for an above-the-ground pool). The pool can be brought in and directly installed. You save time as well as money spent on labour.
Tips to fit a small fibreglass pool
The following are tips to help you fit a small fibreglass pool in your backyard:
- A fibreglass pool comes in different shapes, sizes, and types. You can get a pool as per your requirements. All these pools are factory built and come in standard sizes. You can thus get a pool to fit the space you have in your backyard. It is even possible to get a pool of the shape you want.
- The first thing you need to do is to assess the space in your backyard. In case, there is no space in the backyard, you can even fit the pool in your front yard.
- You can take the help of a pool contractor so that the space assessment is done correctly. You will get professional advice and you identify the right type of pool for your backyard.
- Planning is essential. You need to plan for the pool area, the steps, deck area, etc. In case, you want a spa, you need to plan for the space required. Now that you know how much space is required, you can decide on the type of pool, size, and shape.
- If you are totally in short of space, you can have the pool fitted at the edge of your fencing line. This will help you utilize space more effectively.
- You will then need to decide if you want an above-the-ground pool or an in-the-ground pool. An in-the-ground pool requires excavation to be done, whereas if the pool is above the ground it can be straight away fitted.
- If you want accessories in the pool, you can add it even though it is a small pool. You can make it a spa pool by adding spa jets. You can make it a full-fledged pool by adding swim jets to a lap pool.
All that is left is to place the order and then wait for the pool to be installed. You can start using the pool the moment it is installed.
Sponsored post byÂ Fibreglass Pools Brisbane