Tokyo Olympics organizers on Tuesday said they were encouraged by a gymnastics meet over the weekend and are now ready to hold test events early next year.
The Sunday meet featured 22 Russian, Chinese and American athletes entering Japan and competing in Tokyo with a few thousand fans attending.
Hidemasa Nakamura, the Tokyo Olympic games delivery officer, told an on-line briefing that plans are now in the works for more test events starting in March. However, he did not say what form these might take or if non-Japanese athletes would be involved.
“We are discussing how to deal with COVID-19 together with the Japanese government and Tokyo Metropolitan Government,” he said. “From the beginning of next year, we will begin operations and proceed to have test events in March.”See ABC 10
- 3 Ways To Help Swimmers Explode Off The Blocks | Swimmer Strength
- Jamal Hill is Teaching 1 Million People to Swim | The Social Kick
- Marist College Ashgrove | AIC Swimming 2021
- 2021 Women’s Swimming B1G Championships Cinematic Highlights
- Coach Craig’s Wisdom: What You Learn From Challenging Yourself | Endurance Swimming: Open Water Training
- All About Mark Spitz | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Swim Across America 2021 Event Preview
- Master Undulation in the Butterfly ft. Dylan Carter | Olympians’ Tips