A man has been taken to the hospital after he was bitten by a shark while swimming off Miami Beach.
According to city officials, the 31-year-old man was bitten by what they believe was a blacktip shark near 10th Street, Wednesday afternoon. The bite left an eight-inch laceration below his knee.
“The lifeguard came and whistled,” Daniel Ciforelli, a swimmer, said. “I’m like, ‘What? Is there a rip tide?’ He goes, ‘No, someone just got bit by a shark.’”
Fire Rescue was able to get the bleeding under control, but the man was taken to Ryder Trauma Center as a precaution. The patient is currently in stable condition.See WSVN
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach