A man has been taken to the hospital after he was bitten by a shark while swimming off Miami Beach.
According to city officials, the 31-year-old man was bitten by what they believe was a blacktip shark near 10th Street, Wednesday afternoon. The bite left an eight-inch laceration below his knee.
“The lifeguard came and whistled,” Daniel Ciforelli, a swimmer, said. “I’m like, ‘What? Is there a rip tide?’ He goes, ‘No, someone just got bit by a shark.’”
Fire Rescue was able to get the bleeding under control, but the man was taken to Ryder Trauma Center as a precaution. The patient is currently in stable condition.See WSVN
- Pioneering Rescue Swimmer Sara Faulkner Details Sexual Harassment in the Coast Guard
- How Does A Masters Swimmers Do A Comeback For a PR? | Swimmer Strength
- Inside Look | Swimming With the Manatees in Crystal River, Florida
- Fastest Swims of All Time | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Championships Record | Nicholas Santos | #FINAHangzhou2018 | 50m Butterfly
- Lapland town of Salla highlights climate crisis with 2032 Olympics campaign
- Experts Question Florida Bid To Host 2021 Summer Olympics: ‘Mind-Bogglingly Stupid’
- Cold Comforts of Winter Swimming Continue in Ireland