Charlotte County Fire and EMS got the call around 12:11 p.m. and said he was diving five miles west of Stump Pass Beach.
The teen was out on a boat with other people. Once fire crews got on scene, two Charlotte County divers went in the water and found the teen 40 feet deep.
He was brought back up to the boat and was given CPR, according to Charlotte County fire.
The 17-year-old was rushed to Stump Pass Marina to meet the ambulance. The teen was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Fire crews said it appears the teen went down so deep because he was trying to pull the anchor up from the boat after it got stuck.See NBC 2
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC
- Ryan Murphy Backstroke Analysis | Insane Technique | MySwimPro