A mother from Berks County, Pennsylvania drowned trying to rescue her three children from the waters off the Jersey Shore, officials said.
Fire, police and rescue units were deployed to the 18th Street Beach at 3 p.m. Tuesday after a 911 call reporting four swimmers in distress.
According to the North Wildwood Fire Department, the swimmers were a family of four from Wernersville on vacation.
Officials said crews were able to rescue two boys, ages 8 and 10, and a 19-year-old woman.
Emergency responders found the fourth victim, a 49-year-old woman, face down about 150 yards off the shoreline.See 6abc
- Inside Sport | Swimming in South Africa
- CMS Parents Angered Over Sports Cancellation
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim