A mother from Berks County, Pennsylvania drowned trying to rescue her three children from the waters off the Jersey Shore, officials said.
Fire, police and rescue units were deployed to the 18th Street Beach at 3 p.m. Tuesday after a 911 call reporting four swimmers in distress.
According to the North Wildwood Fire Department, the swimmers were a family of four from Wernersville on vacation.
Officials said crews were able to rescue two boys, ages 8 and 10, and a 19-year-old woman.
Emergency responders found the fourth victim, a 49-year-old woman, face down about 150 yards off the shoreline.See 6abc
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach