With all official events canceled I decided to pursue the dream of doing the Robben Island crossing. This is an 8km ocean swim in the freezing waters of Cape Town, South Africa which is known for its sharks surrounding the Cape Town bay area.
This has never been done by a paraplegic and this will be a worlds’ first.
Come along for the journey and watch me prepare for the ultra-distance swim in the next 12 weeks and experience it all with me.
- Double Amputee Paralympian Gets Accosted by Angry Woman for Parking in Handicap Lane
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island
- Ukrainians celebrate Epiphany with icy water dips
- Swim Brothers Teaching Multicultural Communities How to Stay Safe in the Surf
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers