With all official events canceled I decided to pursue the dream of doing the Robben Island crossing. This is an 8km ocean swim in the freezing waters of Cape Town, South Africa which is known for its sharks surrounding the Cape Town bay area.
This has never been done by a paraplegic and this will be a worlds’ first.
Come along for the journey and watch me prepare for the ultra-distance swim in the next 12 weeks and experience it all with me.
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach