And while she has her eyes set on making another Olympic appearance at Tokyo 2020, she recently took on another leading role – movie star. Savard is the headliner in the new Quebecois film Nadia, Butterfly in which she plays an Olympic swimmer.
It started with a call from the movie’s director, Pascal Plante. A former competitive swimmer himself, although one who had never been an Olympian, Plante consulted with Savard to help him paint a better picture of the Olympic experience.
But then, he suggested the swimmer audition for the lead role. It’s a story right out of a Hollywood picture, especially after the movie became an Official Selection of the 2020 Cannes Film Festival.Read U Sports
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center
- Boy pulled from swimming pool in critical condition
- How To Sprint Freestyle Faster | Front Crawl Swimming Speed Tips | Global Triathlon Network
- Daniel Gyurta wins back to back Gold in Rome 2009 and Barcelona 2013 | FINA World Championships