A local long-distance swimming sensation has powered her way across the English Channel.
Sixteen-year-old Vera Rivard of Springfield, New Hampshire, and Derby, Vermont, finished her swim from Dover, England to Wissant Beach in France Tuesday night just before midnight. She started at 9:38 a.m. and finished at 11:48 p.m., with over 14 hours in the water.
She encountered rough conditions, with air temperatures almost 58 degrees and the water temperature 63 degrees. She’s just the 1,676th person to make the crossing since 1875 and the second American to finish the swim in 2020.See WCAX
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled
- Are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics Canceled? | MySwimPro
- SwimVice | Pro Analysis Series – Simone Manuel 100 Meter Freestyle 2016 Rio Olympics
- Why You’re Out Of Breath After 100m Swimming | How To Master Freestyle Swim Breathing | Global Triathlon Network
- ‘It felt like I was the first person to step on Mars’: Anchorage free divers plunge into icy Rabbit Lake
- Homemade Protein Balls For Swimmer | Swimmer Strength
- Road to Tokyo: First Race of 2021 | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Swimming in the Ice Hole for Christening