A local long-distance swimming sensation has powered her way across the English Channel.
Sixteen-year-old Vera Rivard of Springfield, New Hampshire, and Derby, Vermont, finished her swim from Dover, England to Wissant Beach in France Tuesday night just before midnight. She started at 9:38 a.m. and finished at 11:48 p.m., with over 14 hours in the water.
She encountered rough conditions, with air temperatures almost 58 degrees and the water temperature 63 degrees. She’s just the 1,676th person to make the crossing since 1875 and the second American to finish the swim in 2020.See WCAX
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships