The U.S. Coast Guard Sector Mobile says an attempt at a human chain left multiple swimmers in distress Saturday near Fort Morgan.
The Coast Guard says it received a 9-1-1 report of a 9-year-old who had been swept out by the current. They say approximately 20 good Samaritans formed a human chain to reach the child, but the chain fell apart.
This resulted in all 20 swimmers being in distress. The Coast Guard says it launched a response boat from Dauphin Island, but in the end all rescues were performed by local responders.Read NBC 15
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships