Singer Jorja Smith has used her new music video to amplify British open water swimmer Alice Dearing’s work around diversity.
It features Smith’s friends and family, as well as 23-year-old Dearing, who has competed at three World Championships and is on course to become the first black woman to represent Great Britain in swimming at the delayed Tokyo Olympics next year.
Last year, Dearing became the lead ambassador for the Black Swimming Association, a charity launched to encourage more black people to swim.
And Smith, who was named best British female solo artist at the 2019 Brit Awards, has spoken publicly to champion Dearing’s work to “increase diversity in aquatic areas and break down the barriers”…See BBC
- How a 3-year-old Dubai boy trapped in a swimming pool was rescued
- Nevada’s Ben Hines rules the pool
- Swimmer found unresponsive, pronounced dead at Magic Island
- ‘Coach Rich’ vows to rebuild aquatic center after Hurricane Sally destroyed it
- Farmington uses dogs, families as cardboard cutout fans for swim meets
- Video shows huge alligator swimming in storm surge after Hurricane Sally hit
- Ryan Lochte’s first individual Olympic gold medal goes missing
- Jacob Templeton Paralympian Swimmer