As done for previous FINA World Championships, a qualifying procedure with “A” and “B” standard times will be implemented for Fukuoka 2021.
1. FINA “A” & “B” SWIMMING QUALIFYING TIME STANDARDS
|B – 1 Entry||A – 2 Entries||A – 2 Entries||B – 1 Entry|
|00:25.92||00:25.04||50 m Freestyle||00:22.18||00:22.96|
|00:56.15||00:54.25||100 m Freestyle||00:48.77||00:50.48|
|02:02.81||01:58.66||200 m Freestyle||01:47.06||01:50.81|
|04:19.34||04:10.57||400 m Freestyle||03:48.15||03:56.14|
|08:56.03||08:37.90||800 m Freestyle||07:53.11||08:09.67|
|17:24.20||16:29.57||1500 m Freestyle||15:04.64||15:36.30|
|00:29.21||00:28.22||50 m Backstroke||00:25.17||00:26.05|
|01:02.71||01:00.59||100 m Backstroke||00:54.03||00:55.92|
|02:15.67||02:11.08||200 m Backstroke||01:58.07||02:02.20|
|00:32.31||00:31.22||50 m Breaststroke||00:27.33||00:28.29|
|01:09.79||01:07.43||100 m Breaststroke||00:59.75||01:01.84|
|02:31.02||02:25.91||200 m Breaststroke||02:10.32||02:14.88|
|00:27.24||00:26.32||50 m Butterfly||00:23.63||00:24.46|
|01:00.37||00:58.33||100 m Butterfly||00:51.96||00:53.78|
|02:13.73||02:09.21||200 m Butterfly||01:56.71||02:00.79|
|02:17.63||02:12.98||200 m Ind. Medley||01:59.76||02:03.95|
|04:52.97||04:43.06||400 m Ind. Medley||04:17.48||04:26.49|
|1 Team||4 x 100 m Freestyle||1 Team|
|1 Team||4 x 200 m Freestyle||1 Team|
|1 Team||4 x 100 m Medley||1 Team|
|4 x 100 m Freestyle Mixed – 1 Team|
|4 x 100 m Medley Mixed – 1 Team|
If a National Federation enters only one (1) swimmer per event, all swimmers entered must meet the qualifying “B” standard time.
If two (2) swimmers are entered in the same event, both of them must meet the qualifying “A” standard time.
Federations may enter swimmers regardless of standard times if they meet the following criteria (as per FINA Rule BL 22.214.171.124) https://www.fina.org/content/fina-rules:
- No swimmer qualified: two (2) men and two (2) women;
- One (1) or two (2) swimmers qualified, additional swimmers up to a maximum of four (4) swimmers (two (2) men and two (2) women);
- Three (3) swimmers qualified one (1) additional swimmer provided that both genders are represented;
- Swimmers entered without qualifying time must have participated in the National Championships of the Federation or in a FINA approved qualifying event. These swimmers will be allowed to enter in two (2) different events each, but they cannot swim in the same event, p.a. 50 m Freestyle;
2. QUALIFYING PERIOD
The swimming qualifying time standards must be obtained at any of the competitions specified below during the following period:
Qualification period: 1 March 2020 – 4 July 2021
3. QUALIFYING EVENTS:
- Continental Championships 2020 and 2021
- International Competitions, to be approved in advance by FINA
- National Competitions, to be approved in advance by FINA
FINA will only accept entry times which have been achieved at competitions officially approved by FINA. Please refer also to FINA Rule BL 12.
FINA will only accept entry times achieved at competitions officially approved by FINA. Please refer also to FINA Rule BL 12 https://www.fina.org/content/fina-rules.
Please kindly note that all events approved for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games between 1st March and 29th June 2020 are automatically approved as qualifying events for the FINA World Championships Fukuoka 2021. The NF does not need to resubmit the application.
Please check the official FINA memo for specific details: