From Dec. 10 to Dec. 21, it doesn’t matter what time of day you tune in to this livestream there will be a swimmer at this pool in Mountain View. The tech workers turned world-record hunters are trying to get their Guinness badge of honor.
“There’s an existing record set in 1979, so it’s kind of worthy of being broken. The record stands at 10 days 470 miles,” said organizer Craig Robinson who has been in touch with the previous world record holders from Ohio.
The eight swimmers are setting a goal of eleven days and as many miles past 470. They swim in relay, with at least one person in the pool at all times.
- Nearly 300 Swimmers to Attend 13-and-Over Meet in Sioux Falls
- Why I Swim | MySwimPro
- I’m Training for the Mile | Blake Pieroni Vlogs
- The Native American Legend Lurking In Lake Okanagan | Boogymen | Shiver
- Trials to Triumph: Tecumseh Swimmer Overcomes Injury to Advance to State Finals
- Winter Swimmer Saves Elderly Chinese Woman Trapped in Icy Water
- Champion St. Louis Swimmer Inspired by Late Father
- North Korean Defector Survives Six-Hour Swim to South Korean Border