Millfield Upper Sixth pupil Rachel has made history as the first female swimmer from the school to be selected to compete for Team GB at the FINA World Junior Championships in Budapest.
We caught up with her at the pool before she left, and asked her how Millfield supports her with her academic work and her swimming, and what advice she has for young swimmers hoping to follow in her footsteps.
Millfield School is one of the UK’s leading independent boarding and day schools for boys and girls, aged 13-18, providing a fully rounded education to pupils from over 70 nationalities.
The school is contemporary and outward looking, applying a visionary and innovative lens to all domains of learning. This is supported by notable facilities in teaching, art, drama, music and sport.
- ISL Training Camp // Turkey 2020 // Michael Andrew Vlogs
- The Difference Between a Good vs Great Swimmer With Kaitlin Sandeno
- Inside with Brett Hawke: James Guy
- How a 3-year-old Dubai boy trapped in a swimming pool was rescued
- Nevada’s Ben Hines rules the pool
- Swimmer found unresponsive, pronounced dead at Magic Island
- ‘Coach Rich’ vows to rebuild aquatic center after Hurricane Sally destroyed it
- Farmington uses dogs, families as cardboard cutout fans for swim meets