Julia, from Harrisburg, NC, has a smile that will light up a room and a backstroke that will intimidate her best competitors. As a swimmer for most of her life, the water is definitely her “happy place”. Prior to high school graduation, Julia swam competitively for both her school and other teams and was honored as a record breaking athlete at the state level. In fact, her dedication and swimming ability was also rewarded when she learned that she had been accepted to Roanoke College in Salem, VA to swim for their varsity team. It was after that exciting news that Julia suffered a rare stroke that caused severe trauma to her brain. This life-altering trauma impaired her short-term memory and balance and left her and her family searching for answers.
Julia’s ultimate sports dream would be to meet her role-model, Olympic gold medalist swimmer, Katie Ledecky.
Learn more about Julia: https://www.dreamon3.org/dreams/dream…
- Simple, Easy Tips to Swimming Butterfly | U.S. Masters Swimming
- Watch: Mountain Lion Swims Across Reservoir In Colorado
- We Tried to Become Olympic Divers in 1 Hour
- Tokyo Olympics CEO suggests relaxed entry rules for athletes
- Tokyo Olympics’ Biggest Coronavirus Challenge Could Be Team USA
- Flynny’s Northern Arena and Banana Boat New Zealand Ocean Swim Series Challenge
- How to Swim Butterfly with Perfect Technique | MySwimPro
- Swimming with the Y NSW | You are never too old to start