An artist and freediver duo have completed a world record feat by performing an incredible dance underwater without oxygen – for more than THREE MINUTES.
Marina Kazankova and Dmitrij Malasenko broke the Guinness wold record by putting on an eclectic performance which included a sword fight and flamenco-inspired moves.
The artists pirouetted for 3 minutes and 28 seconds last month in the Y-40, the deepest pool in the world located in Padova, Italy – enchanting the audience gathered in an underwater glass tunnel that passed right through the pool to watch them.
To make the stunt even more impressive, the pair performed most of their show while balancing on a rope.
- How The Core Powers Everything | The Swimmer Strength Podcast
- Who Is Britain So Fat? | Good Morning Britain
- Hero Dog Rescues Boy From Drowning in Adelaide’s South
- Bend Polar Plunge benefiting Special Olympics Oregon goes virtual, offers variety
- Water Safety in New Zealand
- Dara Torres Tells Us How to Keep Kids Active This Winter
- Researching the Biomechanics of Paralympic Swimming
- Inside with Brett Hawke: Ky Hurst