22 Disneyland Paris guests and staff accidentally poisoned by swimming pool chemical mix-up

0

Guests and staff were accidentally poisoned at a hotel in Disneyland Paris over a mix-up with chemicals in its swimming pool.

The incident took place at the New York Hotel in Paris suburb Chessy, France, last Friday, with 22 people treated for nausea and breathing problems.

Paris’ Le Parisian reports that the incident happened after bleach and sulphuric acid was added to the swimming pool.

It’s reported that the chemicals were mixed incorrectly, causing chlorine gas to be released.

When chlorine gas is breathed in it can cause swelling of the upper airway, coughing, sickness, chest pain and headaches.

Emergency services were called, and four of the 22 people affected were sent to hospital.

Read Fox News

Photo by Roller Coaster Philosophy

About Author

Production engineer and certified swim coach. Full-time IT consultant, spare-time swimming aficionado. 2 sons, 2 daughters and a wife. President of the Faroe Islands Swimming Association. Likes to run :-)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: