Charges have been laid against Ports of Auckland Ltd and one of its staff after the death of ocean swimmer Leslie Gelberger.
Gelberger died on April 20 last year after going for a swim on Auckland’s North Shore.
A passing ferry found his body, which was missing a leg, about 4pm the next day.
Gelberger – a husband, father, teacher and keen ocean swimmer – was believed to have been hit by a boat, and his body was found floating off Mairangi Bay.
- Nearly 300 Swimmers to Attend 13-and-Over Meet in Sioux Falls
- Why I Swim | MySwimPro
- I’m Training for the Mile | Blake Pieroni Vlogs
- The Native American Legend Lurking In Lake Okanagan | Boogymen | Shiver
- Trials to Triumph: Tecumseh Swimmer Overcomes Injury to Advance to State Finals
- Winter Swimmer Saves Elderly Chinese Woman Trapped in Icy Water
- Champion St. Louis Swimmer Inspired by Late Father
- North Korean Defector Survives Six-Hour Swim to South Korean Border