Charges have been laid against Ports of Auckland Ltd and one of its staff after the death of ocean swimmer Leslie Gelberger.
Gelberger died on April 20 last year after going for a swim on Auckland’s North Shore.
A passing ferry found his body, which was missing a leg, about 4pm the next day.
Gelberger – a husband, father, teacher and keen ocean swimmer – was believed to have been hit by a boat, and his body was found floating off Mairangi Bay.
- We Tried to Become Olympic Divers in 1 Hour
- Tokyo Olympics CEO suggests relaxed entry rules for athletes
- Tokyo Olympics’ Biggest Coronavirus Challenge Could Be Team USA
- Flynny’s Northern Arena and Banana Boat New Zealand Ocean Swim Series Challenge
- How to Swim Butterfly with Perfect Technique | MySwimPro
- Swimming with the Y NSW | You are never too old to start
- Yannick Agnel: Danas Rapsys Is the Only Man Who Knows How to Swim the 200 Free Right Now
- Swimming Phenom Vera Rivard