Charges have been laid against Ports of Auckland Ltd and one of its staff after the death of ocean swimmer Leslie Gelberger.
Gelberger died on April 20 last year after going for a swim on Auckland’s North Shore.
A passing ferry found his body, which was missing a leg, about 4pm the next day.
Gelberger – a husband, father, teacher and keen ocean swimmer – was believed to have been hit by a boat, and his body was found floating off Mairangi Bay.
- Measuring marathon swim route distance: Danube River example
- Most magic tricks underwater – Guinness World Records
- Para Swimmers Share Their Story of Inclusion and Success Through the Help of Their Coaches
- Swim Australia Swim Safer Week with Ambassador Jade
- ISL 2020 Review | This Is The Future Of Swimming | Propulsion Swimming
- Winter Swimming – Key Things You Need to Know About the Joys of Cold Water Swims
- How We Got To The Deepest Part Of The Ocean – Guinness World Records
- Anna Bader’s INCREDIBLE 20m Final Performance at #FINABarcelona2013 | High Diving