A woman says she was racially profiled by a man wanting her to provide identification to prove she belonged at a private community pool in North Carolina on the Fourth of July.
Jasmine Edwards posted video of an exchange between herself, a man she refers to as Adam, and a couple of Winston-Salem police officers to Facebook on Wednesday afternoon. The video – which Edwards captioned “Racial profiling at its worst!” – had been viewed more than 4.3 million times by Friday morning.
The Glenridge Homeowners Association told the Winston-Salem Journal the man’s name is Adam Bloom and that he was the pool’s chairman. Both Edwards and Bloom live in the neighborhood, according to the Journal report.
- Road to Tokyo: First Race of 2021 | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Swimming in the Ice Hole for Christening
- Physical Performance Depends on Sleep – Fit to Succeed Episode 52 With Dr. Michael Grandner
- Periodization? Rest Week? What? | Ask A Coach | Mind Right Endurance
- Body of 14-Year-Old Missing Swimmer Found in Lake
- Nets to Protect Swimmers in South Africa Are Killing Sharks | Money Talks
- Teenager Drowns While Swimming With Friends at a Popular Sydney Spot
- Serbia: Orthodox athletes celebrate Epiphany with winter swim in Belgrade