A woman says she was racially profiled by a man wanting her to provide identification to prove she belonged at a private community pool in North Carolina on the Fourth of July.
Jasmine Edwards posted video of an exchange between herself, a man she refers to as Adam, and a couple of Winston-Salem police officers to Facebook on Wednesday afternoon. The video – which Edwards captioned “Racial profiling at its worst!” – had been viewed more than 4.3 million times by Friday morning.
The Glenridge Homeowners Association told the Winston-Salem Journal the man’s name is Adam Bloom and that he was the pool’s chairman. Both Edwards and Bloom live in the neighborhood, according to the Journal report.
- ‘Sunrise Swiming’ at Bray Lake
- Simon Popelka | Recruiting Swimming | ASM Scholarships
- How to Swim Faster Butterfly | MySwimPro
- The burden of weight | Artistic swimmer Debbie Soh | Toughest Part of Sport
- High surf advisory discouraging swimmers from getting one last swim in
- Laura Kellberg | Recruiting Swimming | ASM Scholarships
- Scottish swimmer ‘lucky to be alive’ after jellyfish sting
- ISL Training Camp // Turkey 2020 // Michael Andrew Vlogs