Mitchell Chang was found at about 7:45 Saturday night in the deep end of the pool at Love to Swim on 20200 Stone Oak Parkway.
Police said staff members found the boy, called an ambulance and performed CPR until first responders arrived. The boy was taken to North Central Baptist Hospital, where he died early Sunday morning.
The pool was hosting a special Date Night event on Saturday night. A former employee tells KENS 5 that date night is a peace of mind event for parents. Parents drop their kids off and pick them up later. Activities during this event include swimming, arts and crafts and a movie.
This former employee also told us that during date night, the youngest children accepted are 3 years old. This former employee worked at a different location, other than the Stone Oak swim school.
- North Korean Defector Undetected for Hours After Swimming to South
- How Swimmer Mallory Weggemann Turned Tragedy Into Paralympic Gold | People
- How To Use Your Shoulders Properly In Breaststroke | SwimVice
- Virtual Swim Meets Present New Challenges and Opportunities
- SWIM-Pocalypse Training 2021 | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Champion Swimmer Recovers From Head-on Crash
- FINA World Swimming Championship (25m) – New dates confirmed
- Challenging A German Beast To A Push-Up Challenge Across Continents | Swimmer Strength