A teacher and part-time swim coach has been arrested on allegations that, over the course of several years, he sexually battered one boy he coached and coerced another into taking nude photographs and sexually explicit videos of himself.
Gainesville police say it’s likely additional victims will be identified as their investigation continues.
Joseph Michael Diaz, 31, of 3003 NW 30th Terrace, was arrested Friday at 1:15 p.m. — his second arrest within 24 hours in connection with the unfolding string of allegations. He is a behavioral resource teacher for kindergarten through fourth grade at High Springs Community School and was a part-time swim coach at Makos Aquatics Club of Gainesville.
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships