Nothing can break Cate Campbell’s spirit and that is why she is now the toast and face of the Australian swim team.
Capping what has been a remarkable career fight back, Campbell last night dominated Swimming Australia’s awards night, named swimmer of the year, people’s choice and swimmer’s swimmer for 2013.
Campbell beat fellow world champions James Magnussen and Christian Sprenger for the major awards proving she is now the most respected and loved swimmer within the team and by the Australian public.
Australians love a fighter and Campbell has overcome more adversity than most, beating glandular fever, post-viral fatigue, hip injuries, pancreatitis and a broken arm during her short career.
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships
- Announcement of Grand Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Aquatics Centre