A California man wanted on a felony drug warrant surrendered to authorities Monday after spending more than seven hours swimming in the ocean off the coast of San Diego to evade arrest.
Fox 5 reports 46-year-old John Michael White was approached by police officers Sunday night while walking on the street near the beach.
White, who appeared to be high on drugs, shed his clothes and took off into the water. He spent more than seven hours in the ocean overnight, surrounded by police officers, lifeguards, the Coast Guard and the Navy Shore Patrol.
- SwimVice | Pro Analysis Series – Simone Manuel 100 Meter Freestyle 2016 Rio Olympics
- Why You’re Out Of Breath After 100m Swimming | How To Master Freestyle Swim Breathing | Global Triathlon Network
- ‘It felt like I was the first person to step on Mars’: Anchorage free divers plunge into icy Rabbit Lake
- Homemade Protein Balls For Swimmer | Swimmer Strength
- Road to Tokyo: First Race of 2021 | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Swimming in the Ice Hole for Christening
- Physical Performance Depends on Sleep – Fit to Succeed Episode 52 With Dr. Michael Grandner
- Periodization? Rest Week? What? | Ask A Coach | Mind Right Endurance