A California man wanted on a felony drug warrant surrendered to authorities Monday after spending more than seven hours swimming in the ocean off the coast of San Diego to evade arrest.
Fox 5 reports 46-year-old John Michael White was approached by police officers Sunday night while walking on the street near the beach.
White, who appeared to be high on drugs, shed his clothes and took off into the water. He spent more than seven hours in the ocean overnight, surrounded by police officers, lifeguards, the Coast Guard and the Navy Shore Patrol.
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach