As probably a natural result of hosting the event, seven or eight swimming pools in Shanghai have temporarily been transformed into training centers for athletes competing in the 14th FINA World Championships, forcing members there to find another pool until next month. Nearby pools are taking advantage of the situation by hiking the already relatively high entry fees. See Global Times.
The affected pools are according to Tales of City.
- Xuhui Swimming pool (No. 329 Fenglin Rd.)
- Swimming pool at International Gymnastics Center Shanghai (No. 777 Wuyi Rd)
- Swimming pool at Jingan Sports Center (No. 151 Kangding Rd)
- Diving pool at Pudong Oriental Sports Center (No. 168 Jiyang Rd)
- Swimming pool at Yuansheng Sports Center (No. 1458 Zhangyang Rd)
- Pudong Swimming Pool (No 3669 West Pudong Rd)
- Swimming Pool at Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (No. 1200 Cailun Rd)
- Besides, the Shanghai Swimming Pool which has been decorated for two years will not open until the end of the competition.