Amy Fryer was one of her daughter’s swim coaches. She saw Ellie in a bathing suit every day. So it came as a shock when she learned her daughter had scoliosis.
Amy Fryer, Ellie’s mom: “So my friend said, ‘I think she’s crooked,’ one day. And I said, ‘Oh, gosh, no, she’s 12, she’s turning 13 in a couple weeks. There’s an attitude that comes with being 13, and that’s her hip that goes out every time she says something.’”
She took Ellie to the pediatrician anyway, and at first the doctor didn’t notice anything, either. But she took an X-ray to ease their minds and then called with bad news: Ellie had a severe S curve in her spine and needed to go see an orthopedic surgeon.
- Salinas’ swimming star Clark Kent gets honor from Philippine Consul General
- Swimmer Sajan Sets Record In Asian Games As Family Missing In Kerala Floods
- Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series 2018 – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Man who tried to save swimmers speaks out
- China’s Olympic champion swimmer Sun Yang launches Asian Games charm offensive
- Schooling to quit swimming in 2024, and he wants more before hanging up his goggles
- Swimming bad boy Sun just a big softie, says coach
- 1 Million Orbeez Dropping Into and Out of a Swimming Pool