Mitchell Chang was found at about 7:45 Saturday night in the deep end of the pool at Love to Swim on 20200 Stone Oak Parkway.
Police said staff members found the boy, called an ambulance and performed CPR until first responders arrived. The boy was taken to North Central Baptist Hospital, where he died early Sunday morning.
The pool was hosting a special Date Night event on Saturday night. A former employee tells KENS 5 that date night is a peace of mind event for parents. Parents drop their kids off and pick them up later. Activities during this event include swimming, arts and crafts and a movie.
This former employee also told us that during date night, the youngest children accepted are 3 years old. This former employee worked at a different location, other than the Stone Oak swim school.
- Swimming bad boy Sun just a big softie, says coach
- 1 Million Orbeez Dropping Into and Out of a Swimming Pool
- Never too late to learn how to swim
- 14-year-old in ‘extremely critical’ condition after trying to swim Lake Michigan channel
- Truro Beach Where Swimmer Was Bitten Remains Closed Due To ‘Continued Shark Activity’
- Celebrating learning to swim at Raines High School
- “Colin’s Hope” swim relay fundraiser hopes to prevent more drownings
- Watch as a ‘lifeguard drone’ rescues a swimmer struggling at sea