A Brazilian judge has issued a search and seizure warrant for two of the four U.S. swimmers reportedly robbed in Rio de Janeiro early Sunday.
According to a statement by the Rio Justice tribunal, Judge Keyla Blanc De Cnop, of the Special Court of the Fan and Major Events, ordered search warrants for American swimmers Ryan Lochte and James Feigen and the seizure of their passports.
The swimmers are involved in an investigation into an alleged robbery that reportedly happened in the early hours of Sunday.
Lochte has already left Brazil and returned to the U.S., his lawyer, Jeff Ostrow, told CNN.
- 🏊 Boy’s first swim meet | Waiting five hours for 30 seconds in the pool
- 10th edition of the MARNATON de Cadaqués
- Fight for survival caught on camera as a swimmer is stuck in a riptide
- Fremantle Leisure Centre lifeguards honoured for bravery
- 10 Strange Things Swimmers Say To One Another
- Stanford Women’s Swimming and Diving: Ring Ceremony
- Swimmers fight to save public pool in Sugar Land
- 60 Seconds With All American Swimmer Liam Bresette