A Brazilian judge has issued a search and seizure warrant for two of the four U.S. swimmers reportedly robbed in Rio de Janeiro early Sunday.
According to a statement by the Rio Justice tribunal, Judge Keyla Blanc De Cnop, of the Special Court of the Fan and Major Events, ordered search warrants for American swimmers Ryan Lochte and James Feigen and the seizure of their passports.
The swimmers are involved in an investigation into an alleged robbery that reportedly happened in the early hours of Sunday.
Lochte has already left Brazil and returned to the U.S., his lawyer, Jeff Ostrow, told CNN.
- LIVE | Day 2 – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #4 Beijing
- ‘Average Andy’ with Michael Phelps
- The swim-proof Fitbit Flex 2 is a winner
- LIVE | Day 1 – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #4 Beijing
- Highlights – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #3 Moscow
- Why Sleep Is So Important When You’re Trying to Build Muscle
- Dolphin Jumps on to Surfer Jed Gradisen at Kalbarri
- Swim.com App Turns Apple Watch Series 2 Into Advanced Swim Workout Tracker