A Brazilian judge has issued a search and seizure warrant for two of the four U.S. swimmers reportedly robbed in Rio de Janeiro early Sunday.
According to a statement by the Rio Justice tribunal, Judge Keyla Blanc De Cnop, of the Special Court of the Fan and Major Events, ordered search warrants for American swimmers Ryan Lochte and James Feigen and the seizure of their passports.
The swimmers are involved in an investigation into an alleged robbery that reportedly happened in the early hours of Sunday.
Lochte has already left Brazil and returned to the U.S., his lawyer, Jeff Ostrow, told CNN.
- Michael Phelps (USA) – Best Male Swimmer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Adam Peaty (GBR) – Male Top Olympic Performer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Sharon van Rouwendaal – Best Female Open Water Swimmer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Katinka Hosszu (HUN) – Best Female Swimmer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Katie Ledecky (USA) – Female Top Olympic Performer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Michael Phelps after receiving Lifetime Achievement Award | Windsor 2016
- Swimming participation in England falls by nearly 24%
- Project Sky Canvas plans shooting stars from space for Tokyo 2020