A former Stanford athlete was found guilty Wednesday of sexually assaulting an unconscious intoxicated woman outside an on-campus fraternity party in a case that helped increase pressure on colleges nationwide to do more to prevent assaults and punish offenders.
Brock Turner, 20, was convicted of three felony charges: assault with intent to commit rape of an intoxicated woman, sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object and sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object.
District Attorney Jeff Rosen said the case helps make the distinction clear between consensual sex and sexual assault.
“Drunk means no,” Rosen said. “Passed out means no.”
- Windsor 2016 Highlight Video // Vidéo des meilleurs moments Windsor 2016
- Rio Moment: Own It – Lilly King
- Dolphin Kick Drill with Chloe Sutton
- ‘World’s bravest duck’ plays with tiger at Australian zoo
- Ex-Drury University swimmer says hazing ended athletic career
- Ryan Lochte’s Clean Start :60
- This desolate English path has killed more than 100 people
- Comeback Rio Moment – Anthony Ervin