Il Mattino reported that the amorous couple were making the most of a warm day, and a practically deserted beach, when they decided to take a dip in the ocean at Porto San Giorgio to express their love.
But their lovemaking came to an embarrassing end when the man was unable to extricate himself from the woman due to suction, the newspaper said.
They remained in the water until they caught the attention of a woman walking along the beach, who gave them a towel after they struggled back to the shore.
A doctor was called and they were taken to a hospital emergency room. There the woman was given an injection usually used to dilate the uterus of pregnant women, in order to untangle the couple.
- Twelve months on from toppling Phelps, Schooling vows to ‘re-take what is his’
- Ian Thorpe and boyfriend urge Australians to support same-sex marriage
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start