Interesting news here on FINA.org:
The Bureau has confirmed the creation of a Facilities Committee, formed by the following members:
- Joaquin Pujol (ESP), Chairman
- Kate McKnight (GBR), Honorary Secretary
- Per Rune Eknes (NOR), Member
- Mick Nelson (USA), Member
- Member from China, to be confirmed.
The aim of this Committee will be to deal and update the FINA Facilities Rules to be considered at the FINA General Congress in July 2013 in Barcelona (ESP) and to advice on the construction of aquatic centres (swimming pools).
On a more somber note, for the FINA Technical Open Water Swimming Committee, Mr. Andrea Prayer (ITA) has been nominated as new acting Honorary Secretary, in place of the suspended Mr. Flavio Bomio.