61-year-old Roy Lester says he lost his job as a lifeguard because he wanted to take the annual swimming test in bicycle shorts instead of the tiny trunks. “They were just trying to get rid of the older guys. To me the whole key to being a good lifeguard is experience.” Lester is a triathlete, but said no one his age should be wearing tiny trunks. State officials declined to comment. Source The New York Daily News via The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help