One man training to be a Navy SEAL was dead and a off-duty lifeguard in grave condition yesterday after trying to do breath-holding exercises in a public pool in Staten Island, practicing techniques similar to those used in military training. About 20 people were swimming in the pool staffed with 2 lifeguards and 5 other staff members, when the two men were found in 3 feet of water in a corner of the Lyons Pool in Tompkinsville. Via NY Daily News and The Wall Street Journal.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help