Former champion swimmer Simon Cowley is suing Nick D’Arcy for damages over the bar room incident which left him with such injuries that he has spent AUS$40,000 (US$41,700) on medical expenses, lost his place on the 2008 Australian Olympic team and had to quit his job. D’Arcy says he hit Cowley in self-defense after being slapped by a bigger, unknown man, but Cowley says the attack was unprovoked. Cowley needed extensive medical help as result of the attack, including corrective surgery to his jaw, cheekbone and nose, titanium plates inserted in his face and orthodontic braces. Source AFP.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help