It was a warm but windy Sunday in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula near Marquette.
Twenty-one-year-old Marena Kouba and her boyfriend, Dayton Nash, were on vacation at the beach.
“We were at the island (Little Presque Isle) and the waves were really huge. There was a bad current, it was really strong even though you’re just stepping in the water,” Kouba said.
The couple had been watching some swimmers, two young kids and an adult, when they heard a yell for help.
- Siren of the Sea
- This Para-swimmer from Dharavi fought all odds to win
- Two Exercises All Swimmers Should Do | Ottawa Swimming
- Swimmer Chris Allshouse sets record in Saint Lucia
- Thanksgiving Training | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Sports For Change – A story by Farida Osman
- My Thoughts On The ISL Season 2 | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Fast Swimming Technique – The Kick For a Faster Breastroke | The Race Club