The Irkutsk Walrus’ Club, headed by Andrei Bugai, recreated the viral “Satisfaction Challenge” dance video on Lake Baikal, as shown in footage released on Monday.
A controversial parody of Benny Benassi’s “Satisfaction” by cadets from the Ulyanovsk Institute of Civil Aviation took the Internet by storm when it appeared online on January 16. As well as causing problems for the makers of the video, it also resulted in dozens of copycat videos popping up online in a show of support.
Not wanting to be left out or outdone, the Irkutsk ‘Walruses,’ a colloquial Russian term for people who swim in freezing water, created their own “beach” party on frozen Lake Baikal. The freezing -30 degrees Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) temperatures did not stop the walruses from taking a dip, lifting weights and generally just chilling out.
- 14-year-old in ‘extremely critical’ condition after trying to swim Lake Michigan channel
- Truro Beach Where Swimmer Was Bitten Remains Closed Due To ‘Continued Shark Activity’
- Celebrating learning to swim at Raines High School
- “Colin’s Hope” swim relay fundraiser hopes to prevent more drownings
- Watch as a ‘lifeguard drone’ rescues a swimmer struggling at sea
- Iraqi girls take up swimming in IS-free Mosul
- Man Endures Horrific Pain When Swimming Into A School Of Jellyfish | I Shouldn’t Be Alive
- Snorkeler Captures Stunning Footage Of A Humpback Whale Curiously Swimming Around Him