Wrongful death suit filed after swimming pool electrocution

0

See WSVN

A South Florida family is taking legal action months after a 7-year-old boy was electrocuted in the family swimming pool.

WSVN-TV – 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

Ever since the unthinkable death of their son, the Sloan family has vowed to devote their lives and their son’s memory to protecting other kids and families. Now they’ve started that process legally.

The victim’s father said he wants to prevent this from happening to other families. “So why do we find ourselves here in this ocean of grief and absolute despair?” said Chris Sloan. “Well, simply, it was all laid down here because of the negligence of these professional services and manufacturers who carelessly failed to do their jobs, whether it was servicing our pool, our electrical systems, whether it was making a product that was designed to be safe. Calder was robbed of his life. He had his whole life ahead of him, and he had amazing potential and probably not for his 77 or 80 years that he would’ve lived, God willing, but for all those generations he would’ve impacted.”

About Author

Production engineer and certified swim coach. Full-time IT consultant, spare-time swimming aficionado. 2 sons, 2 daughters and a wife. President of the Faroe Islands Swimming Association. Likes to run :-)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: