Perhaps it is being a touch melodramatic but when Lauren Boyle steps on the starting blocks for the 400m and 800m freestyle at the world swimming championships in Barcelona, Swimming New Zealand’s future funding goes on the pool’s black line.
The sport is on a one-year post-Olympic trial with $1.4 million added to the governing body’s high-performance budget (a drop from the $1.65 million received each year of the previous Games cycle).
- Inside Sport | Swimming in South Africa
- CMS Parents Angered Over Sports Cancellation
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim