German waterpark “Galaxy Erding” has made their X-Treme Faser waterslide attraction “Nur für Männer” for security reasons ‘due to the female anatomy’. This after six women had reported injuries to the genital area last year, and some of them had to be taken to hospital. The Professional Association for Gynaecologists is sceptical, a spokeswoman saying there is no medical reason why women’s shouldn’t use a slide, unless they were pregnant. The park is now working on building a protective suit for women to use on the slide, “like for ice hockey”. Read The Local, via Arbroath.
- My Journey: Ryan Lochte
- More Than Sport: It’s so much more than training for swimmer Ellen Keane
- Matt’s Action Cam: Swimming for Gold
- Grant Hackett faces media after ‘nipple cripple’ incident
- A visit to the Rio 2016 Olympic swimming test event
- Omaha Swimmer Qualifies For Swim Trials
- Becky Adlington answers swimming Q&A