They had been making two successful dives to a wreck in the South China Sea, when they surfaced after the third and discovered that the boatman had panicked and left. Two of the divers stayed at the location and were rescued after 8 hours, while 39-year-old Hisashi Koze swam to the shore, 30 km nonstop for close to 24 hours. Asked afterwards how he felt, Koze replied, “I need to rest a bit”. Via thestar.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help