A New Zealand woman swimming in the sea 153 km southeast of Auckland has died after a suspected shark attack.
According to the police on Friday, the fatal water incident occurred at Waihi Beach, a popular tourist spot about two hours’ drive from Auckland, a major city in the north of New Zealand’s North Island, late on Thursday.
“Emergency services were called about 5:10 pm after reports of a woman being injured in the water. Initial indications suggest she may have been injured by a shark,” said a police statement.
“Sadly, she died at the scene a short time later,” it said, adding the death has been referred to the coroner.Read Xinhua
- The Donna Drake Show with Rowdy Gaines, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer
- Olympic Swimmer Hopes His Battle With Depression Can Help Others
- Steve Parry – ‘Public swimming pools could close without complaints’
- Swimming with the Rarest Alligators in the World | Gatorland Vlogs
- Ultimate Swimmer Podcast: Ryan Held
- McGill Sit-Up Test For Swimmers | Swimmer Strength
- ISL Season 2 Full Match 8
- ISL Season 2 Full Match 7