Bobby Guntoro is the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Swimming at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, his alma mater. Mike Murray and Bobby sit down to discuss the significance of why enjoying the process and celebrating your athletes’ success, both in the pool and in the classroom are vital components of developing a strong, successful team culture. Bobby’s journey in the sport has been both unique and vibrant, as his career took a meteoric rise while helping establish North Carolina State University as one of the elite NCAA programs for both men and women over the past 8 years.
Coach Guntoro shares some sets, lessons learned, and insight that’s helped him guide athletes to the highest levels in the sport.
Bobby’s genuine enthusiasm for the sport, fun-loving demeanor, healthy sarcasm, self-deprecating humor, and passion for empowering young people to enjoy the sport of swimming are just some of the character traits that highlight his engaging personality. This is an episode that young coaches will really benefit from and learn!
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC
- Ryan Murphy Backstroke Analysis | Insane Technique | MySwimPro
- ‘Curtains of death’: Nets designed to protect swimmers are killing sharks in South Africa
- Swimmer injured in Perth bull shark attack