A $70,000 grant is helping Safe Swim NC teach survival swim lessons to kids in the Triad.
Leslie Durm’s youngest son was one of dozens of kids to graduate the six-week program that started in October.
Advocates of the Infant Swimming Resource’s Self Rescue program believe ten minutes a day can save a child’s life.
Durm and her husband learned that lesson the hard way when one of their daughters slipped underwater in the pool. They were only feet away.
“It doesn’t take somebody not paying attention. Don’t judge people,. The water is very dangerous and unforgiving…get them trained,” Leslie said.
So to prevent her kids from drowning, she got them back in the water.See FOX8
- Are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics Canceled? | MySwimPro
- SwimVice | Pro Analysis Series – Simone Manuel 100 Meter Freestyle 2016 Rio Olympics
- Why You’re Out Of Breath After 100m Swimming | How To Master Freestyle Swim Breathing | Global Triathlon Network
- ‘It felt like I was the first person to step on Mars’: Anchorage free divers plunge into icy Rabbit Lake
- Homemade Protein Balls For Swimmer | Swimmer Strength
- Road to Tokyo: First Race of 2021 | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Swimming in the Ice Hole for Christening
- Physical Performance Depends on Sleep – Fit to Succeed Episode 52 With Dr. Michael Grandner