Four members of Canada’s artistic swimming team, training in Montreal, are speaking out about what they call a toxic environment.
Last month, allegations of abuse and harassment from swimmers and people outside the program led to the shutdown of the senior national artistic swimming team’s training centre, pending a review by an external firm.
Due to their fear of reprisals, Radio-Canada has agreed to protect the swimmers’ identities and to refer to them as Caroline, Sarah, Patricia and Rose.
“It’s been going on for too long within that organization,” said Caroline. “There is a toxic environment in artistic swimming.”Read CBC
- The greatest swimming comeback of all time? | Throwback Thursday
- Swimming lessons in the APY Lands | 7NEWS
- Annual Swimming and Diving Meet Impacts Terre Haute Tourism
- Beloved Missing Swim Coach Found Dead
- What Is Ice Swimming? | MySwimPro
- Speaking Truth to Power | The Social Kick
- Addressing the Dropout in Swimming | Can We Stop Teens From Leaving the Sport? | Propulsion Swimming
- 3 Ways To Help Swimmers Explode Off The Blocks | Swimmer Strength